Monday, August 11, 2014

Fruit Popsicles


Is it just me, or is this year getting over too soon? It feels like just yesterday when a few of my friends and I were discussing how beautiful spring was and how welcoming the summer sun was. And now it looks like fall is at our doorsteps already!
In order to keep the summer scene going on for a bit longer, here’s a super simple, absolutely refreshing popsicle. Made with fresh fruits, fruit juice, and yogurt, I am sure you can’t get a healthier dessert/snack than this. I saw this recipe on Martha Stewart’s website and fell in love with its simplicity. The original recipe had white grape juice, blueberries, kiwis, and peaches. I think the idea was to use any clear juice to highlight the colors of the fruits you use. I have used a mixed fruit juice, fresh blueberries, and strawberries. You could use frozen berries too, considering that the popsicles go back to the freezer to set.
When I was about to start filling the molds, I had the idea of making some with yogurt, so here you go; two types of healthy, refreshing popsicles. These are so simple to make that you could easily get your kids involved.  
Ingredients (Depending on how many popsicles you make)
Blueberries
Strawberries (sliced into long strips)
Orange-banana-pineapple juice
Yogurt
Honey
Method
Wash the berries, slice the strawberries, and keep aside. You can cut the fruits to suit the size and shape of your popsicle molds.
Sweeten the yogurt with honey and keep aside. I sweetened it very mildly, but you could make it to suit your taste.
Fill the molds, almost to the brim, with the fruits. I have two sets of four, so I decided to make four each of the juice and yogurt versions.
Now pour in the juice to fill the molds, making sure it won’t spill when you put the tops on. Similarly, fill in the yogurt too and place the tops. Freeze for 6-8 hours.
You might have to run the molds under the tap to loosen the popsicles. Unmold and bite into a mouthful of joy! Bon Appètit.
Indulge your sweettooth with this healthy treats!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Favourites