We had guests this weekend, one of our close family friends. They were in the area to visit a kids’ theme park and spent a night with us. We took them to the beach, came home and chatted late into the night. Overall, we had a really nice time. Food was of course part of the evening and for dessert, we had carrot halwa.
Grated carrots – 4 cups
Milk – 1 ¾ -2 cups
Sugar – 1 ½ cups
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Ghee (clarified butter) – 2 tbsps
Cashews & Raisins for garnish
Add the milk and carrots to a heavy bottomed vessel, like a pressure cooker, and cook until the carrots are completely cooked. This will take about 10-12 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium, add the sugar and 1½ tbsps ghee and keep cooking for another 20-25 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed. Keep stirring to avoid burning. Take the vessel off the stove and add the cardamom powder.
Heat ½ tbsp ghee in a small pan and add the cashew nuts and raisins. Toast until the cashews are light golden brown and the raisins are plump. Garnish the halwa with the nuts and raisins and serve warm or cold. Bon Appétit.
Thanks Divya from Divya's Culinary Journey
Liebster means dearest in German, so we would like to forward this award to some of the bloggers who are dearest to us.
1) Renuka from Pinch of Salt
2) Niv Mani from Panfusine
3) Ash from Indulge-ashcorner
4) Aarthi from Aarthi's Collection5) Michelle from Food, Football and a Baby
If you accept this award:
- Copy and paste the award logo to your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who gave you the award
- Choose five of your favorite blogs that deserve to be noticed
- Leave a message to the chosen five, informing them about the award