Friday, January 13, 2012

Warm Salad for a Cold Night

I love having salads in the summer because the cool, crunchy vegetables are super refreshing. But when it is cold outside, I just don’t feel like eating something that is cold too. That’s when I saw the recipe for a California Chopped Salad. The original was made with romaine lettuce, corn, zucchini, bell peppers, onions and shrimp. Here is my version.
Ingredients
Potatoes cut into discs
Romaine lettuce
Corn on the cob
Onions cut into rings/half circles
Tomatoes cut into full or half circles
Salt
Pepper powder
Dressing of your choice (I used the Bolthouse Farms Zesty French Yogurt dressing)
Cheese of your choice (I used Gouda)
Method


On a grill pan, grill the all the vegetables, including the lettuce. The potatoes will take slightly longer, so place them first. Once all the vegetables are grilled, chop into big chunks and add to your salad bowl. Mix in salt, pepper and the dressing, toss well and serve. Add some grated cheese and enjoy. Bon Appétit. 

Easy way to cut corn demonstrated below







Recipe sent to Midweek Fiesta # 12 @ http://foodssrilanka.blogspot.com/

8 comments:

  1. Perfect salad to keep you full and warm. I am announcing Valentines special - my 1st blog event and Giveaway, Please do be a part of it and send in your recipes..!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Anzz! Will definitely enter the event :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anzz, could you please give us your blog URL. It is not shown on your Blogger profile.

    ReplyDelete

Favourites